Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ready...Set...Don't Go

Another misleading title...no I won't be talking about Billy Ray Cyrus and his new "hit" song...but rather driving, or in my case, the lack thereof.
To begin, I would like to share my driving history. It began at a young age of 5 or so, where my Dad would let me steer the car, while he stepped on the gas pedals. Then, it progressed to Go-Karts, where my driving abilities were first exposed. You could say I was one of the reasons they have tires surrounding all the tracks. A few years passed and I was driving a normal sized car down dirt roads...to my grandma's to be exact. Unfortunately, those roads weren't surrounded with old tires. Let's just say a few cars have been left with the wonderful mark of me on them. Not to mention almost running into my grandma's house, which was definately not protected by tires. As the years pressed on, my driving didn't increase much with it. By the time I was 15, I could get my permit, but I didn't. I waited until I was 16 1/2 to get it. Don't ask why. Although, I only missed one question on the driving test, so that's got to stand for something! Could it be that while driving with my permit, I cut off someone and got flipped off for the first time in my life, which then resulted in me almost running over some skateboarders because I became so frazzled. Or was it because when I was driving to Idaho with my Dad, I almost steered the car under a semi carrying all those new cars? Well it took me a little less than 2 years to get my license. Again, dont ask why. I got it when I was 18 1/2, but I did "perfect" on the driving test. Since then, I'm proud to say I've only been flipped off once. Although, while texting I did run off the road. A valuable lesson, I learned I can not multi-task when driving.
I technically own two cars; a Cadillac and a Dodge Intrepid. The Cadillac was supposed to work, but after about 20 minutes from buying it, it overheated and still has not been fixed. The Dodge Intrepid was bought off eBay, yes eBay, and came with a broken engine. A new engine has been bought, all that needs to be done is installing it. So until then, my driving will remain as is. So why do I not get behind the wheel? Could it be that I'm horrible at making decisions under pressure, which basically is what driving is. Perhaps. But I'm gonna stick to saying it's the lack of transportation, rather than the lack of courage. Obviously courage is not my creede.


1 comment:

BR!ttany said...

This is one of your best!