Monday, February 9, 2009

Baby...or tax deduction?


So apparently our society requires us to like babies, but alas I can't find a single thing about them that I like. They smell, you have to do EVERYTHING for them, you have to feed them, they cost a lot of money. I mean the only thing I found that's a plus is they are a tax deduction...thus the title. So, I've never liked babies, heck I doubted I liked myself back then.


Anyways, whenever someone has a baby they force their dang kid on you. No matter how many times I say I don't want to touch that dang thing, they throw them in my arms and let go, hoping I'll have the common decency to catch them. Luckily for them, I do. I stand there glaring wondering why I am holding their kid. All the pushy mom has accomplished is to piss me off and hate the kid for what their mom has forced me to do. Weird? Perhaps.


I remember when I entered into the babysitting stage...not a good time for me. It was rough for both the kids and me. Let's just say I only did that for a little while and eventually became busy every time anyone wanted their child watched. Oh how I remember those days....the parents would come home and wander why I'm awkwardly sitting there. One time I was watching Anna, the only kid I've ever liked, and apparently I put her diaper on inside out....way awkward when the parents got home! :)


I'm told one day I'll eventually like babies...I'm yet to see it. One time I had a dream I had a kid and for a whole day after that dream I somewhat liked babies! Unfortunately, I saw none that day, so who knows if I really did, I doubt it.

OH! AND NOT ALL BABIES ARE CUTE! BAM!!!

3 comments:

BR!ttany said...

haha you never saw any that day... that part was funny. :)

Matt and Jennifer Bush said...

you wrote this after katie made you hold robert huh. tell you the truth i didn't like to watch my sisters boys and i could handle them for a little while then i would be done then i had robert its different when you have your own i like him but i sitll can't watch my sisters boys before going crazy granted she has three boys

Chris Andria & Alexis said...

too funny....your thoughts make me laugh.. :)