Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friends...Everybody Needs Friends


Today's topic is friendship. I remember when I was little we had a movie with a bunch of flowers in them and Rose Petal I believe sang a song about how "everybody needs friends." Once again, the cute little cartoons have lied. Do we really need friends? I don't even believe such a thing exists. I've come to realize recently, that I have never had a "friend".


The dictionary online describes a friend as a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard or a person who gives assistance. Well I have never felt that for one of my supposed friends and I don't know anyone who has assisted me who didn't feel obligated by bloodline.


I have had people I would hang out with while at school to avoid being totally secluded, but if I ever needed those people for assistance, they would not be there to support me. The only people who are there in my life are my family...so I guess they are my friends.


People are only about convenience. If they find any use or benefit in you, they'll be your friend. If they see no use in you, well then suck, looks like you will be one lonely loser.

4 comments:

BR!ttany said...

that is the first thing you learn is that friends suck and family is better, but then you learn even further that only SOME family is really your friend... anyway i love rose petal!

Enemy of Complacency said...

how sad... I wish that I knew why it seems to turn out that way...

Nicole said...

Hey some of us family don't feel obligated, we're just there cause we love ya! And yeah sometimes family can let ya down too...some of us will be there whether you want us there or not though so look out cause we're not leavin.... ever!!

Chris Andria & Alexis said...

interesting thoughts. I agree 'friend' is usually only when convenient. I would also say that you will probably find some real friends as time goes on. It is nice when you find a friend who is not family. I hope you have better luck in the future..