Sunday, February 8, 2009

Luck of the Irish

Today's topic...Luck. Recent events have caused such a topic to be not-so-randomly picked out of a hat.


First, let's discuss the title of this post, Luck of the Irish. I'd like to know what makes the Irish so lucky? I don't get it. Perhaps if I researched even just a little bit about Ireland, shamrocks, leprechauns, really any of that, I would know why they are so lucky. But alas, I refuse to look.


So...I have been told many a time that I am unlucky. Most recently, by Daniel when we were spinning out of control he gave me that look of get out of the car, rabbit (ya know, cuz rabbit feet, lucky....ya). I'm just hoping that no one will catch on and I won't be tossed out of the car carelessly like a $4 keyfinder.




Anyways, so now to the events that have caused me to believe such a thing. Obviously there are too many to describe or even list in one single blog, so I will just use the content from this past week. Aside from the normal awkward situations I am placed in, this week had some exceptional moments. On a cold thursday night, Katie, Tim, and me were walking back from The Hart and there was snow and ice everywhere. I was wearing a tube top (with a jacket of course). Anyways, now that the scene is set...I picked up some snow to throw at Katie and she started running. I obviously began running too so I could catch her. Unfortunately, I stepped directly onto the ice and fell flat on my face. My beautiful white Christmas gloves were ripped and covered in dirt. And my pride took a plummet as well. Of course I got up and ran as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to face Tim. We got into his apartment and spent a good half hour there and headed home, curfew ya know. Well once I got back and looked in a mirror, I noticed something was missing. My tube top had failed me once again! I had exposed myself for a good half hour to an apartment of mormon boys. That is unlucky if I've ever heard it!




Moving on...I dyed my hair recently, and it has decided to take up the beautiful shade of green. Don't ask me how a dark brown suddenly turns to a hideous shade of green. As if being a celery head isn't bad enough in and of itself, all my plans have been ruined. I will be spending Valentine's Day alone in my room...glad I bought decorations and dresses. The room I was to stay in at Britt and Nicole's in Provo has been sold to someone else. I guess I'll be taking up the life of a bum and crashing on their couch.




Instead of "rambling on" as Daniel says, about my life woes...take this from my blog. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I am not Irish...hopefully one day I will meet one and obtain the "luck of the irish!"

2 comments:

BR!ttany said...

What a sad tale of woe and intrigue minus the intrigue.... well hopefully things can still work out, so don't worry. :)

Enemy of Complacency said...

Hmm... daniel may be on to something... but then again, he might not.