Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walk...Don't Run!


So walking, haven't had the best experiences with it. Aside from the normal tripping and falling that happens whenever I try to place one foot in front of the other, I have been known to walk into posts, poles, mailboxes, mirrors, really just anything that sticks out of the ground. And if that isn't bad enough, I recently had an encounter with the law for my walking habits.

Oh, you want to hear it?

Well apparently they don't joke about walking in Rexburg. I walked with a HUGE group of people illegally across the street to get to my humanities class one day. While I was beginning to cross a female cop instructed me to go to the crosswalk by pointing her witch-like finger. I ignored her, seeing all the people I would be crossing with. Well, she saw this, turned into the parking lot I was in and chased me down in her car and motioned me to come talk to her. Her face was screwed into a permanent angry face (I'll refrain from releasing the foul language filling my head) and she informed me that if I were her, I would never even consider jay-walking. Oh the things she's seen and not to mention the $20 ticket you get for jay-walking. Luckily, I sweet-talked my way into a warning. Let's face it, she only stopped me because I stood out above the rest. I'd like to think it was my beauty, but something tells me it was the flamboyantly pink Hoodie I had on.

Anyways, moral of the story, Idaho sucks the life out of people. What...? You didn't get that from my tale of woe and heartache? :)

2 comments:

Chris Andria & Alexis said...

My My the crazy events of life in the potato state....I am glad those officers are keeping you all safe :)

BR!ttany said...

bravo.